JOAO PAULO TEIXEIRA DE MATOS
João Paulo Teixeira de Matos leads the IURIS Iberian Desk, being also a senior of counsel in CARDIGOS (Portugal). Previously João Paulo Teixeira de Matos was one of the founding partners of Garrigues in Portugal and during his almost twenty years with the firm he had managerial functions and led different departments, being in the last years focused in the EU and Competition Law department. João Paulo Teixeira de Matos also lectured EU and Competition Law, being a regular speaker in conferences and author in several publications.
- Senior of counsel in CARDIGOS, 2018 to present
- Founding partner of “Garrigues Portugal” 2000-2018
- Partner of “Landwell” and consultant of “PricewaterhouseCoopers”, 1998-2000
- Founding Partner of “Abreu, Cardigos & Associados, Sociedade de Advogados R.L.”, 1993-1998
- Founding Partner of “F. Castelo Branco, Nobre Guedes & Associados – Sociedade de Advogados/Grupo Legal Português” (F. Castelo Branco, Nobre Guedes & Associados, Simmons & Simmons, J. y A. Garrigues and Pinheiro Neto Advogados), 1990-1993
- Associate at “Assis de Almeida & Associados”, 1985-1990
- Founding member and former secretary general of Association of Portuguese Competition Lawyers
- Former member of the board of directors of Portuguese Association of European Law
- Former member of the board of directors of the Portuguese section of Club Español del Arbitraje
- Portuguese Catholic University of Lisbon School of Law LL.M. EU and Competition Law, 1990.
- Portuguese Catholic University of Lisbon School of Law, Post Graduation Course in European Legal Studies 1987.
- Portuguese Catholic University of Lisbon School of Law, Law Degree, 1985.