- The term “personal data” refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your first and last name, birth date, age, gender, e-mail address, delivery and billing address, phone number, signature, voice (when calling our offices) and any other information that is identified with you personally.
- IURIS is continually improving and adding new functionality, features and content to its Site. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, IURIS’ data practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, IURIS will notify any such changes by posting them on the Site. Please check this Site regularly for any changes. This policy was last updated on the 31st March 2017.
- IURIS is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of other third party websites linked to the Site.
Personal data collected
- IURIS collects and processes your personal information (“Personal Data”) when you use the Site. Without limitation, personal data includes the personal information you submit when you visit and browse the Site and/or contact us through it.
- IURIS also logs IP addresses, or the location of your computer on the Internet for internal security purposes of the Site and such data will not be shared or disclosed to third parties except as provided for in Clause 15 below.
- When you visit the Site, a cookie may be sent to you. A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing the website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you and can customise what you see on the screen according to your registered preferences. You are not obliged to accept cookies and most browsers, including this Site, allow you to turn off cookies. However, certain cookies are essential for the functioning of the Site and thus disabling them may hinder the full functioning of the Site.
Use of personal data and information collected
- IURIS uses the personal data and information you provide for the following purposes:
- Any and all personal data you provide to IURIS will be processed in order to identify you as a potential client of IURIS and to be able to assist you further.
- Such data may also be used to be able to contact you via e-mail / telephone call to assist you further and provide other information, including the security updates of the Site.
- In case you provide IURIS with third party information, you will be responsible for having informed and obtained their consent for this information to be provided for the purposes explained herein.
- You hereby guarantee that the personal data provided is true and accurate and undertake to notify us of any change or alteration to same. Any loss or damage to the Site or IURIS, or to any third party through the provision of erroneous, inexact or incomplete information, will be your sole and exclusive responsibility.
Requirements and criteria for processing
- IURIS ensures that:
- personal data is processed fairly and lawfully;
- personal data is always processed in accordance with good practice;
- personal data is only collected for specific, explicitly stated and legitimate purposes;
- personal data is not processed for any purpose that is incompatible with that for which the information is collected. [The processing of personal data for historical, statistical or scientific purposes shall not be regarded as incompatible with the purposes for which the information was collected];
- personal data that is processed is adequate and relevant in relation to the purposes of the processing;
- no more personal data is processed than is necessary having regard to the purposes of the processing;
- personal data that is processed is correct and, if necessary, up to date;
- all reasonable measures are taken to complete, correct, block or erase data to the extent that such data is incomplete or incorrect, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed;
- personal data is not kept for a period longer than is necessary, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data may be processed only if:
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which IURIS is subject; or
- processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests;
- processing is necessary for the performance of an activity that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in IURIS or in a third party to whom the data is disclosed; or
- processing is necessary for a purpose that concerns a legitimate interest of IURIS or of such a third party to whom personal data is provided, except where such interest is overridden by the interest to protect your fundamental rights and freedoms and in particular your right to privacy.
Disclosure of your personal data
- IURIS may disclose such personal data only if required and permitted to do so by law, in accordance with the Data Protection Act, or when IURIS believes in good faith, that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or with legal process,
- protect and defend IURIS’ rights and property,
- protect against misuse of unauthorised use of the Site and its content; or
- protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public.
Sharing of personal data
- IURIS will not share the information collected with any third party unless you give us your consent to do so, except under the circumstances described above in compliance with legal process. Upon request, we will provide you with all of your personal information, which will only be sent to the e-mail address you provide us with.
- In compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act, personal data may not be processed for purposes concerning direct marketing, if you notify IURIS that you oppose such processing. We will appropriately inform you of your right to oppose such processing at no cost.
- While no method of data transmission is guaranteed against unlawful third party interception or other misuse, IURIS uses commercially reasonable efforts to ensure protection of your data.
Rectification, deletion, etc.
- IURIS shall, upon request, immediately rectify, block or erase such personal data that has not been processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act or with regulations made thereunder.
- IURIS shall notify any third party to whom the data has been disclosed about the measures undertaken as aforesaid:
Provided that no such notification need be provided if it is shown to be impossible or it will involve a disproportionate effort.
- Should you wish to exercise your rights for access, rectification, erasure and/or objection in regard to the personal data collected in your regard, you may send us an e-mail on email@example.com. We may request that you provide us with an identification document in order to ensure maximum security and confidentiality.
Data subject access policy
- IURIS will provide information in response to any reasonable data subject access request. IURIS will ensure that the data is kept in an accessible form to facilitate such access.
- At your request, IURIS shall provide you, the data subject, without excessive delay and free of charge, written information as to whether and which personal data concerning you was processed, shared or disclosed:
Provided that a request as aforesaid shall only be made by you at reasonable intervals.
- If such personal data is processed, IURIS shall provide you written information in an intelligible form about:
- actual information about you which is processed;
- where this information has been collected;
- the purpose of the processing;
- to which recipients or categories of recipients the information is or may have been disclosed; and
- knowledge of the logic involved in any automatic processing of data concerning you.